Customer Privacy Notice for MEX Money Business Customers in the UK and EEA
Effective 31 January 2023
MEX MONEY BUSINESS CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
Why do I need to read this notice?
What personal data do you collect about me?
What is your legal basis for using my personal data?
How do you use my personal data?
Do you make automated decisions about me?
Do you run credit checks on me?
How do you use my personal data for marketing?
What are my rights?
How do I exercise my rights?
Do you share my personal data with anyone else?
Will my personal data go outside of the United Kingdom or Europe?
How do you protect my personal data?
How long will you keep my personal data for?
How will you keep me updated about how you use my personal data?
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will:
– always keep your personal data safe and private
– never sell your personal data
– allow you to manage your marketing choices at any time
- About us
The MEX Money group is made up of different companies. We will let you know which MEX Money company you have a relationship with when you ﬁrst apply for, or use, a MEX Money product or service.
The MEX Money company providing the relevant product or service to you will be responsible for processing your personal data for that product or service. This MEX Money company is known as the ‘controller’ of your personal data.
- Why do I need to read this notice?
We will collect your personal data when you use:
– our website at www.MEX Money.com
– the MEX Money Business app
– any of the services available to you through the MEX Money Business app or website
We may also collect your personal data from other people or companies. We explain how this can happen in more detail at What personal data do you collect about me? section below.
When we say ‘personal data’, we mean information which:
– we know about you (for example, if you are a director of a company applying for a MEX Money Business account, we may ask you to provide identiﬁcation documents)
– can be used to personally identify you (for example, a combination of your name and postal address)
Data protection laws do not apply to information about legal entities (for example, limited liability companies). However, they do apply to people. When we provide MEX Money Business products, we process personal data of the individuals authorised to set the account up and give us instructions about the account. We also may process personal data about other employees and customers of the company that receives MEX Money Business products.
If more than one person is authorised to give instructions on a MEX Money Business account, references in this notice to ‘you’ and ‘your’ will mean any, or all, of those people. When we refer to a ‘company’, we mean the company that holds the MEX Money Business account.
This notice explains what personal data we collect, how we use it, and your rights if you want to change how we use your personal data. This notice only applies to personal data. It does not apply to company information.
If you are a customer of a company that holds a MEX Money Business account, or one of its employees who uses the company’s MEX Money Business account, but are not authorised to give us instructions, we do not process personal data about you as a ‘controller’. The company that holds the MEX Money Business account is the ‘controller’ of your personal data. You should contact the company that holds the MEX Money Business account for information about how it processes your personal data.
We may provide this notice in languages other than English. If there are any discrepancies between other language versions and the English language version, the English language version is authoritative.
If you have concerns about how we use your personal data, you can contact email@example.com.
- What personal data do you collect about me?
The types of personal data we collect depend on how you use MEX Money Business. When you use MEX Money Business, you can be:
– a freelancer, sole trader or sole proprietor that has applied for a MEX Money Business account, which we call a ‘Freelancer’
– an employer or an employee that is responsible for applying for and / or running a MEX Money Business account on behalf of a company, which we call an ‘Account Owner’
– an employee of a company that has a MEX Money Business account, and your employer has invited you to use its MEX Money Business account, which we call a ‘Team Member’
If you are a:
– Freelancer or Account Owner, we are the ‘controller’ of your personal data when we provide you with MEX Money Business
– Team Member, the company that holds the MEX Money Business account you have been invited to use, is a ‘controller’ of your personal data. Please contact it if you have any questions about how your personal data is processed by MEX Money Business on its behalf
– customer of a company that holds a MEX Money Business account, that company is a ‘controller’ of your personal data. Please contact it if you have any questions about how your personal data is processed by MEX Money Business on its behalf
– prospective MEX Money Business customer who has not yet applied for a MEX Money Business account, but may have received information about MEX Money Business, we provide you with a separate privacy notice available here
The table below explains what personal data we collect and use about you:
Type of personal data Details
Information you give us We collect information you provide when you:
✓ ﬁll in any forms
✓ correspond with us
✓ respond to any of our surveys
✓ register to use the MEX Money Business app
✓ open a MEX Money Business account, are assigned to be an Account Owner or Team Member, or use any of our services
✓ give us access to your, or your company’s, other ﬁnancial accounts (for example, through Open Banking)
✓ take part in online discussions or promotions
✓ speak with a member of our social media or customer support teams (for example, through our social media pages, website, on the phone or through the MEX Money Business app)
✓ enter a competition or share information with us on social media
✓ contact us for other reasons
We will collect the following information:
✓ your name, address, and date of birth
✓ your email address, phone number and details of the device you use (for example, your phone, computer or tablet)
✓ your registration information
✓ details of the relevant MEX Money Business account you are associated with, including the account number, sort code and IBAN
✓ details of your MEX Money Business cards (or other cards you have registered with us) including the card number, expiry date and CVC (the last three digits of the number on the back of the card)
✓ copies of your identiﬁcation documents (for example, your passport or driving licence) and any other information you provide to prove you are eligible to use our services
✓ your country of residence, tax residency information and tax identiﬁcation number
✓ records of our discussions, if you contact us or we contact you (including records of phone calls)
✓ your image in photo or video form (where required as part of our
Know-Your-Business (KYB) checks, to verify your identity if you contact us when logged out of your MEX Money Business account, or where you upload a photo to your MEX Money Business account)
✓ information about other people (such as the company’s shareholders, directors, employees, customers or business partners) where we are legally required to ask for such information (for example, as part of KYB checks or under anti-money laundering laws to verify your company’s sources of funds)
Where you, or your company, give us personal data about other people, you are responsible for ensuring that they understand how we will process their personal data.
Information about how you use MEX Money Business When you use MEX Money Business, we get information about:
✓ how you use your MEX Money Business card
✓ any transactions you make with your MEX Money Business card
✓ your device (as explained below)
Information collected from your use of our products and services Whenever you use our website or the MEX Money Business app, we collect the following information:
✓ technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log-in information, the browser type and version, the time-zone setting, the operating system and platform, the type of device you use, a unique device identiﬁer (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use
✓ information about your visit, including the links you have clicked on, through and from our website or app (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page
✓ information on transactions (for example, payments into and out of your
MEX Money Business account), including the date, time, amount, currencies, exchange rate, beneﬁciary details, details of the merchant or ATMs associated with the transaction (including merchants’ and ATMs’ locations), IP address of sender and receiver, sender’s and receiver’s name and registration information, messages sent or received, details of device used to arrange the payment and the payment method used
✓ information stored on your device. The MEX Money Business app will regularly collect this information in order to stay up to date (but only if you have given us permission)
Information from your employer Where a company that holds a MEX Money Business account nominates you as an Account Owner, your employer will give us information about you. Typically, this will include your name and business contact details. In some cases, it may also include your employment status, salary details and tax information (for example, if your employer uses MEX Money Business to administer its payroll).
Information from others We collect personal data from third parties, such as credit reference agencies, ﬁnancial or credit institutions, oﬃcial registers and databases, as well as fraud prevention agencies and partners who help us to provide our services.
This includes your credit record, information about late payments, information to help us check your identity, information about you and information relating to your transactions. We have explained more in the Do you run credit checks on me? section below.
When you ask us to, we’ll also collect personal data from accounts you, or your company, have with third party ﬁnancial institutions (when you create a linked account by activating Open Banking in the MEX Money Business app).
Information from websites or social media We may collect information about you if you make it publicly available on websites, social media websites or apps. We only do this as part of our MEX Money Business KYB checks.
Information from publicly available sources We collect, or may ask you to provide, personal data from publicly available sources, such as media stories, online registers or directories, and websites for enhanced due diligence checks, security searches and KYB purposes.
- What is your legal basis for using my personal data?
We must have a legal basis (a valid legal reason) for using your personal data. Our legal basis will be one of the following:
– Keeping to our contracts and agreements with you
We need certain personal data to provide our services and cannot provide them without this personal data.
– Legal obligations
In some cases, we have a legal responsibility to collect and store your personal data (for example, under anti-money laundering laws we must hold certain information about our customers).
– Legitimate interests
We sometimes collect and use your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to use it and this is reasonable when balanced against your right to privacy.
– Substantial public interest
Where we process your personal data, or your sensitive personal data (sometimes known as special category personal data), to adhere to government regulations or guidance.
Where you’ve agreed to us collecting your personal data, or your sensitive personal data, for example when you have ticked a box to indicate that you are happy for us to use your personal data in a certain way.
We explain more about how we use your personal data in the How do you use my personal data? section below.
- How do you use my personal data?
Explore the ways in which we may use your personal data using this table:
What we use your personal data for Our legal basis for using your personal data
Providing our services
If you apply to use a MEX Money Business product or service, we will use your personal data to check your identity (as part of our KYB process) and decide whether or not to approve your application.
We use your personal data to:
– meet our contractual and legal obligations relating to any MEX Money Business products or services you use (for example making payments into and out of your MEX Money Business account)
– help you understand your, or your company’s, MEX Money Business spending behaviour (for example, by providing you with spending insights) – Keeping to contracts and agreements between you and us
– Legitimate interests (we need to be eﬃcient about how we meet our obligations and we want to provide you with good products and services)
– Legal obligations
– exercise other rights we have under any agreement we have with you
– provide you with customer support services. We may record and monitor any communications between you and us, including phone calls, to maintain appropriate records, check your instructions, analyse, assess and improve our services, and for training and quality control purposes.
Protecting against fraud
We use your personal data to check your identity and to protect against fraud, keep to ﬁnancial crime laws and to conﬁrm that you are eligible to use our services. We also use it to help us better understand your company’s ﬁnancial circumstances and manage fraud risks related to your MEX Money Business account.
– Legitimate interests (to develop and improve how we deal with ﬁnancial crime and meet our legal responsibilities)
– Legal obligations
Marketing and providing new products and services that might interest you
We use your personal data to do the following:
– provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those you have already used (or asked about, where allowed by law)
– if you agree, provide you with information about our partners’ promotions or offers which we think you might be interested in
– if you agree, allow our partners and other organisations to provide you with information about their products or services
– measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising, and provide relevant advertising to you
– ask your opinion about our products or services
Remember, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing information (the How do you use my personal data for marketing? section below explains how to do this).
– Legitimate interests (to send business-to-business marketing, develop our products and services, ensure our marketing is relevant to your interests, and to be eﬃcient about how we meet our legal and contractual duties)
– Consent (where we are legally required to get your consent for business-to-business marketing)
To keep our services up and running
We use your personal data to manage our website and the MEX Money Business app, (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes),
– Keeping to contracts and agreements between you and us
– Legitimate interests (to be eﬃcient about how we meet our obligations and keep to regulations that apply
and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective way for you and your device.
We also use your personal data to:
– verify your identity if you contact our customer support or social media teams
– allow you to take part in interactive features of our services
– tell you about changes to our services
– help keep our website and the MEX Money Business app safe and secure to us and to present content as effectively as possible for you)
– Consent (where required by law)
Preparing anonymous statistical datasets
We prepare anonymous statistical datasets about our customers’ spending patterns:
– for forecasting purposes
– to understand how customers use MEX Money Business
– to comply with governmental requirements and requests
These datasets may be shared internally or externally with others, including non-MEX Money companies. We produce these reports using information about you and other customers. The information used and shared in this way is never personal data and you will never be identiﬁable from it. Anonymous statistical data cannot be linked back to you as an individual.
For example, some countries have laws that require us to report spending statistics and how money enters or leaves each country. We will provide anonymised statistical information that explains the broad categories of merchants that MEX Money Business customers in that country spend their money with. We will also provide information about how MEX Money Business customers top up their accounts and transfer money. However, we will not provide any
customer-level information. It will not be possible to identify any individual MEX Money Business customer.
– Legitimate interests (to conduct research and analysis, including to produce statistical research and reports)
– Legal obligations
Improving our products and services
We use your personal data to help us develop and improve our current products and services. This allows us to continue to provide products and services that our customers want to use.
– Legitimate interests (to understand how customers use our products so we can develop new products and improve the products we currently provide)
Meeting our legal obligations, enforcing our rights and other legal uses
We use your personal data:
– to share it with other organisations (for example, government authorities, law enforcement authorities, tax authorities, fraud prevention agencies)
– if this is necessary to meet our legal or regulatory obligations (for example, some countries require us to understand which of our customers are vulnerable and require enhanced support)
– in connection with legal claims
– to help detect or prevent crime
You can ﬁnd out more in the Do you share my personal data with anyone else? section below.
Sometimes, we are legally required to ask you to provide information about other people. For example, we might ask you to explain:
– your relationship with somebody who pays money into your MEX Money Business account
– how somebody got the money in the ﬁrst place to pay it into your MEX Money Business account
Where you, or your company, give us personal data about other people, it is your responsibility to ensure they understand how we will process their personal data.
– Legitimate interests (for example, to protect MEX Money during a legal dispute)
– Substantial public interest (if we process your sensitive personal data to keep to legal requirements that apply to us)
– Legal obligations
Helping you to provide services to your customers
We may provide payment processing services to you or your company. Where this happens, you, or your company, are responsible for deciding:
– if we collect your customers’ personal data
– how we process your customers’ personal data on your behalf
You, or your company, are the ‘controller’ of your customers’ personal data.
– Keeping to contracts and agreements between you and us
– Legal obligations
Where we help you to provide services to your customers, we will set out our data protection obligations in our contract with you.
- Do you make automated decisions about me?
Depending on the MEX Money Business products or services you use, we may make automated decisions about you.
This means that we may use technology that can evaluate your personal circumstances and other factors to predict risks or outcomes. This is sometimes known as proﬁling. We do this for the eﬃcient running of our services and to ensure decisions are fair, consistent and based on the right information.
Where we make an automated decision about you, you have the right to ask that it is manually reviewed by a person. You can ﬁnd out more about this in the What are my rights? section below.
For example, we may make automated decisions about you that relate to:
– KYB, anti-money laundering and sanctions checks
– identity and address checks
– monitoring your account to detect fraud and ﬁnancial crime Our legal basis is one or more of the following:
– keeping to contracts between you and us
– legal obligations
– legitimate interests (to develop and improve how we deal with ﬁnancial crime and meet our legal responsibilities)
- Do you run credit checks on me?
We will share your personal data with credit reference agencies, or other providers of credit information, to:
– conﬁrm details you provide when applying for a MEX Money Business account
– make an assessment about whether to accept a MEX Money Business application
The personal data we share with, and receive from, credit reference agencies (or other providers of credit information) will vary depending on the country you live in. We will provide full details during the relevant application process.
Our legal basis is one or more of the following:
– consent (where we are required to collect your consent by law)
– legal obligations
– keeping to contracts and agreements between you and us (where you apply for a MEX Money Business account)
– legitimate interests (to develop and, in the future, offer products to our customers)
- How do you use my personal data for marketing?
If you sign up to use MEX Money Business, and where national laws allow, we will assume you want us to contact you by post, push notiﬁcation, email and SMS text message with information about MEX Money products, services, offers and promotions. Where national laws require us to get your consent to send direct marketing messages, we will do so in advance. We may use the personal data we have collected about you in order to tailor our offers to you.
You can tell us you don’t want to hear from us at any time. Just click on the unsubscribe links on any marketing message we send you.
We won’t pass your details on to any organisations outside the MEX Money group of companies for their marketing purposes without your permission. You can ﬁnd out more in the Do you share my personal data with anyone else? section.
Our legal basis is:
– consent (where we are required by law to collect your consent)
– legitimate interests (to send you marketing and to provide information more relevant to your interests)
- What are my rights?
If you are an employee or customer of a company that holds a MEX Money Business account, the company, rather than MEX Money, is responsible for helping you with your request.
If MEX Money is responsible for helping with your request, we may not be able to agree to your request (for example, if we have a legitimate reason for not doing so or the right does not apply to the particular information we hold about you).
What it means
You have the right to be told about how we use your personal data. We provide this privacy notice to explain how we use your personal data.
If you ask, we will provide a copy of the personal data we hold about you. We can’t give you any personal data about other people, personal data which is linked to an ongoing criminal or fraud investigation, or personal data which is linked to settlement negotiations with you. We also won’t provide you with any communication we’ve had with our legal advisers.
You can ask us to correct your personal data if you think it’s wrong. You can have incomplete or inaccurate personal data corrected. Before we update your ﬁle, we may need to check the accuracy of the new personal data you have provided.
You can ask us to delete your personal data.
You can ask us to delete your personal data if:
✓ there’s no good reason for us to continue using it
✓ you gave us consent (permission) to use your personal data and you have now withdrawn that consent
✓ you have objected to us using your personal data
✓ we have used your personal data unlawfully
✓ the law requires us to delete your personal data
Only a Freelancer or Account Owner may ask us to delete MEX Money Business account data.
Just to let you know, we may not be able to agree to your request. As a regulated ﬁnancial services provider, we must keep certain customer personal data even when you ask us to delete it (we’ve explained this in more detail below). We may not be able to delete your entire ﬁle because these regulatory responsibilities take priority. We will always let you know if we can’t delete your personal data.
You can object to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can tell us to stop using your personal data, including proﬁling, for marketing.
You can object to us processing other personal data (if we are using it for legitimate interests). If our legal basis for using your personal data is ‘legitimate interests’ and you disagree with us using it, you can object.
However, if there is an overriding reason why we need to use your personal data, we will not accept your request.
If you object to us using personal data which we need in order to provide our services, we may need to close your MEX Money Business account as we won’t be able to provide the services.
You can ask us to restrict how we use your personal data.
You can ask us to suspend using your personal data if:
✓ you want us to investigate whether it is accurate
✓ our use of your personal data is unlawful but you do not want us to delete it
✓ we no longer need your personal data, but you want us to continue holding it for you in connection with a legal claim
✓ you have objected to us using your personal data (see above), but we need to check whether we have an overriding reason to use it
You can ask us to transfer personal data to you or another company. If we can, and are allowed to do so under regulatory requirements, we will provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
You can withdraw your permission.
If you have given us any consent we need to use your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note, it will have been lawful for us to use the personal data up to the point you withdraw your permission).
You can ask us to carry out a human review of an automated decision we make about you.
If we make an automated decision about you that signiﬁcantly affects you, you can ask us to carry out a manual review of this decision.
Your ability to exercise these rights will depend on a number of factors. Sometimes, we won’t be able to agree to your request (for example, if we have a legitimate reason for not doing so or the right does not apply to the particular information we hold about you).
- How do I exercise my rights?
If you are an employee or customer of the company that holds the MEX Money Business account, please contact that company.
If you were authorised to set the MEX Money Business account up, or give us instructions about the account (for example, you are a Freelancer or Account Owner), you can send us an email at support@MEX Money.com.
For security reasons, we can’t deal with your request if we are not sure of your identity, so we may ask you for proof of your ID.
If a third party exercises one of these rights on your behalf, we may need to ask for proof that a third party has been validly authorised to act on your behalf.
When you exercise one of these rights, it may take us up to one month to implement your changes.
MEX Money will usually not charge you a fee when you exercise your rights. However, we are allowed by law to charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on your request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your request you can complain to a data protection authority. In the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Oﬃce (website). In the European Economic Area, this is the Lithuanian State Data Protection Inspectorate (website).
- Do you share my personal data with anyone else?
MEX Money group companies
We share your personal data within the MEX Money group of companies to:
– provide you with the best service
– send you information about MEX Money products and services we think you’ll be interested in hearing about
The table below explains which suppliers we normally share your personal data with:
Type of supplier Why we share your personal data
Suppliers who provide us with IT, payment and delivery services To help us provide our services to you
Our banking and ﬁnancial services partners and payments networks, including Visa and Mastercard
To help us provide our services to you. This includes banking and lending partners, banking intermediaries and international payment service providers
Card manufacturing, personalisation and delivery companies
To create and deliver your personalised MEX Money Business card
Analytics providers and search information providers
To help us improve our website or the MEX Money Business app
Customer service providers, survey providers and developers
To help us to provide our services to you
Communications services providers
To help us send you post, emails, push notiﬁcations and text messages
Partners who help to provide our services
We may share your personal data with our partners to provide the company that holds the MEX Money Business account with certain requested services.
We may share your personal data with our partners (through the MEX Money Business API) when you switch this function on through MEX Money Connect.
We‘ll only share your personal data in this way if the company that holds the MEX Money Business account has asked for the relevant service or it is provided as part of our membership plans.
From time to time, we may work with other partners to offer co-branded services or promotional offers, and we will share some of your personal data with those partners. We will always make sure you understand how we and our partners process your personal data for these purposes.
Credit reference agencies
As set out at the Do you run credit checks on me? section, if you apply for a MEX Money Business account, we may share your personal data with credit reference agencies.
Where we provide payment services to you, or your company, we may share some of your, or your customers’, personal data with our third party acquiring partners. This is necessary to provide you with the payment services you have requested.
Other third parties
We may share your personal data with other third parties where this is necessary to facilitate you receiving payments to your MEX Money Business account.
For legal reasons
We also share your personal data with other ﬁnancial institutions, government authorities, law enforcement authorities, tax authorities, companies and fraud prevention agencies to check your identity, protect against fraud, keep to tax laws, anti-money laundering laws, or any other laws, and conﬁrm that you are eligible to use our products and services.
If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, ﬁnance or employment by MEX Money or others. We may also need to share your personal data with other third party organisations or authorities:
– if we have to do so under any law or regulation
– if we sell our business
– in connection with suspected or actual criminal or fraud investigations
– to enforce our rights (and those of our customers or others)
– in connection with legal claims
Social media and advertising companies
When we use social media for marketing purposes, information about you, or your company, may be shared with our social media platform partners so they can check if you or your company also hold an account with them. If you do, we may ask the advertising partner, or social media provider, to:
– use the data to send our adverts to you or your company, because we think that you, or your employer, might be interested in a new MEX Money product or service
– not send you our adverts, because the marketing relates to a service that you, or your employer, already use
– send our adverts to companies that have a similar proﬁle to your company
An example of how we may use social media for marketing purposes is through Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ tool. Read more about these terms.
Our legal basis is:
– legitimate interests (to ensure MEX Money’s advertising is as effective as possible).
You can contact us at any time, either through the MEX Money Business app or by emailing email@example.com, if you don’t want us to share your personal data for advertising purposes.
Remember you can also manage your marketing preferences directly with any social media provider that you have an account with.
Where you ask us to share your personal data
Where you direct us to share your personal data with a third party, we may do so. For example, you may authorise third parties to act on your behalf (such as a lawyer or accountant). We may need to ask for proof that a third party has been validly authorised to act on your behalf.
- Will my personal data go outside of the United Kingdom or Europe?
As we provide an international service, we may need to transfer your personal data outside the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (EEA) in order for us to provide our services.
We may send your personal data outside of the United Kingdom or EEA to:
– keep to global legal and regulatory requirements
– provide ongoing support services
– credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement authorities
– enable us to provide you with products or services you have requested
If we transfer your personal data to another country that does not offer a standard of data protection equivalent to the United Kingdom or EEA, we will make sure that your personal data is suﬃciently protected. For example, we will make sure that a contract with strict data protection safeguards is in place before we transfer your personal data. In some cases, you may be entitled to ask us for a copy of this contract.
If you would like more information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do you protect my personal data?
We recognise the importance of protecting and managing your personal data. Any personal data we process will be treated with the utmost care and security. This section sets out some of the security measures we have in place.
We use a variety of physical and technical measures to:
– keep your personal data safe
– prevent unauthorised access to your personal data
– make sure your personal data is not improperly used or disclosed
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems with control over access to information using both physical and electronic means. Our staff receives data protection and information security training. We have detailed security and data protection policies which staff are required to follow when they handle your personal data.
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data will be kept secure from unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee it will be secure during transmission by you to our app, a website or other services. We use HTTPS (HTTP Secure), where the communication protocol is encrypted through Transport Layer Security for secure communication over networks, for all our app, web and payment-processing services.
If you use a password for the MEX Money app or our website, you will need to keep this password conﬁdential. Please do not share it with anyone.
When you use our public services, which includes our social network accounts and the MEX Money Community forum, do not share any personal data that you don’t want to be seen, collected or used by other customers, as this personal data will become publicly available.
- How long will you keep my personal data for?
We will generally keep your personal data for six years after our business relationship with the company that holds the MEX Money Business account ends or such period as may be required by applicable local laws. However, if you receive services from our Lithuanian group companies, we will keep your personal data for eight years after our business relationship with the company that holds the MEX Money Business account ends.
We are required to keep your personal data for this long by anti-money laundering and e-money laws. We may keep your personal data for longer because of a potential or ongoing court claim or another legal reason.
- How will you keep me updated about how you use my personal data?
If we change the way we use your personal data, we will update this notice and, if appropriate, let you know by email, through the MEX Money Business app or through our website.
We also use pixels or web beacons in the direct marketing emails that we send to you. These pixels track whether our email was delivered and opened, and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our email campaigns, and for analytics.